Monday, April 9, 2012

Just a little bit of sick pleasure...

I wanted to share something that I dealt with while writing the second in the Survival of the Fittest Series.

There's this one character, and honestly, I couldn't stand her.  I did everything I could to get rid of her.  And then I decided to finally kill her off.  Ha Ha, (evil laugh there).  So you'd think I'd be able to get rid of her early on and then be free of her - not!  That girl just wouldn't die until one of the last chapters.  I swear, the character had a survival instinct that beat my creative instinct.  Could it be I just didn't want to kill her?

And then - wouldn't you know it...  I wrote, what I think is one of the BEST end scenes for any character that's died.  Why?  How the heck do I know.  That girl just wanted to live.  Doesn't it sound strange how my characters actually do live in some strange way.

But, and this is a SPOILER:  in the the third in the series The Battle for Earth, she's BAAAAACK!  Maybe I didn't dislike her as much as I thought.  Or maybe, she's still fighting to live.  (scary music)

No comments:

Post a Comment